Ruskin Consulting User Agreement
About Ruskin Consulting
Ruskin Consulting manages an electronic website that serves as an educational platform where we teach about pay-per-click platforms, search engine optimization, websites, and data analytics.
Ruskin Consulting does not provide legal, tax, brokerage services, investment advice or advice regarding the suitability, profitability or appropriateness of any security. You should consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation.
Nondisclosure of Material / Nonpublic Information
In connection with the Services it provides, Ruskin Consulting may come into possession of confidential, material, non-public information. We are prohibited from improperly disclosing or using this information for our own benefit or for the benefit of any other person. We maintain policies and procedures designed to prohibit the communication of this information to persons who do not have a legitimate need to know the information and to remain in compliance with applicable law.
Electronic Signatures and Delivery of Documents
The use of an electronic version of the account documents fully satisfies any requirement that they be provided to you in writing, and the electronic version of this Agreement is considered to be the true, complete and enforceable record of our Agreement, admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings to the same extent as if the documents and records were originally generated and maintained in printed form. You are solely responsible for reviewing and understanding all of the terms and conditions of these documents, and you accept as reasonable and proper notice, for the purpose of any laws, rules and regulations, notice by electronic means. You may access and retain a record of the documents you electronically sign through Ruskin Consulting.com.
Electronic Delivery of Documents
You agree that Ruskin Consulting may provide you with an electronic copy of all documents and communications.
User Restrictions / Restricted Activities
In connection with your use of our website, your Ruskin Consulting account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with Ruskin Consulting, you agree that you will not:
- Breach this Agreement or any other agreement that you have entered into with Ruskin Consulting (including any Ruskin Consulting policies).
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Infringe Ruskin Consulting’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy.
- Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing.
- Post comments that are false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or contain libelous content.
- Post comments containing personal information, including without limitation, telephone numbers, street addresses, and last names.
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading Information.
- Pay for your transactions with fraudulent funds or with what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds.
- Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us.
- Use an anonymizing proxy.
- Use the Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to Ruskin Consulting or you.
Access and Interference
Much of the information on our website is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Ruskin Consulting by third parties. This website contains robot exclusion headers. You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the website for any purpose without our express written permission.
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any features of this website, or to any other protected materials or information, through any means not intentionally made available to you by Ruskin Consulting.
- Take any action that may impose (in our sole judgment) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content from the website without the prior expressed written permission of Ruskin Consulting and the appropriate third party, as applicable.
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted on the website.
- Facilitate any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- Use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the website.
- Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers.
Your Liability and Actions We May Take
You are responsible for all claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by Ruskin Consulting or any third party caused by or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or your use of the Services. You agree to reimburse Ruskin Consulting or any third party for any and all such liabilities.
Actions We May Take
If you engage in any restricted activities, we may take various actions to protect Ruskin Consulting from claims, fees, fines, penalties and any other liability. The actions we may take include but are not limited to the following:
- We may update inaccurate information you provided us.
- We may remove user comments that do not comply with Sections.
- We may refuse to provide the Services to you in the future.
- We may take legal action against you.
- Whether we decide to take any of the above steps, remove content, or refuse to provide Services, we do not monitor, and you agree we will not be subject to liability for monitoring the website.
Contact us if you have any questions or comments about this agreement, your Ruskin Consulting account or Ruskin Consulting’s practices, you may contact Customer Service, email us at [email protected] or send us mail at: Ruskin Consulting, LLC, 5106 Shelter Bay Ave Mill Valley, CA 94941.
Disputes with Ruskin Consulting
Effect of Arbitration Agreement: This Agreement contains a pre-dispute arbitration agreement. By entering into the arbitration agreement the parties agree as follows:
- All parties to this Agreement are giving up the right to sue each other in court, including the right to a trial by jury, except as provided by the rules of the arbitration forum in which a claim is filed.
- Arbitration awards are generally final and binding; a party’s ability to have a court reverse or modify an arbitration award is very limited.
- The ability of the parties to obtain documents, witness statements and other discovery is generally more limited in arbitration than in court proceedings.
- The arbitrators do not have to explain the reasons for their award.
- The panel of arbitrators will typically include a minority of arbitrators who were or are affiliated with the web design or software industry.
- The rules of some arbitration forums may impose time limits for bringing a claim in arbitration. In some cases, a claim that is ineligible for arbitration may be brought in court.
- The rules of the arbitration forum in which the claim is filed, as amended from time to time, are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- Arbitration Agreement: All controversies that may arise between us (including but not limited to controversies concerning any account, order or transaction, or the continuation, performance, interpretation or breach of this or any other agreement between us, whether entered into or arising before, on or after the date this account is opened) shall be determined by arbitration in accordance with the rules then prevailing of JAMS. You make this arbitration agreement on behalf of (i) yourself and your heirs, administrators, representatives, executors, successors, assigns; or (ii) the corporation or other entity for which you are acting as an authorized person; and with all other persons claiming a legal or beneficial interest in your account. You understand that judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. No person shall bring a putative or certified class action to arbitration, nor seek to enforce any pre-dispute arbitration agreement against any person who has initiated in court a putative class action; or who is a member of a putative class action who has not opted out of the class with respect to any claims encompassed by the putative class action until (i) the class certification is denied; (ii) the class is decertified; or (iii) the customer is excluded from the class by the court. Such forbearance to enforce an agreement to arbitrate shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under this Agreement except to the extent stated herein.
- Arbitration Hearings: Any arbitration hearing will be held in Marin County, California unless otherwise agreed between you and Ruskin Consulting. All arbitrations will be held in the English language, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties.
- Limitations of Liability: In no event shall Ruskin Consulting or our agents, employees, affiliates or suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our website or the Services or this Agreement (however arising, including negligence). In states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Our liability, and the liability of our agents, employees, affiliates and suppliers, to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the actual amount of direct damages.
No Warranty / General
Ruskin Consulting and our agents, employees, affiliates and suppliers provide the Services “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Ruskin Consulting and our agents, employees, affiliates and suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Ruskin Consulting does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Services, and operation of our website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. In states that do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, the disclaimers provided in this Section may not apply to you. This Section gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
Third Party Data
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, Ruskin Consulting makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to any third party data provided to Ruskin Consulting or its transmission, timeliness, accuracy or completeness, including but not limited to implied warranties or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Ruskin Consulting will not be liable in any way to you or to any other person for any inaccuracy, error or delay in or omission of any third party data or the transmission or delivery of any such third party data and any loss or damage arising from (i) any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, (ii) third-party non-performance, or (iii) interruption in any such third party data due either to any negligent act or omission by Ruskin Consulting or “force majeure” or any other cause beyond reasonable control of the Ruskin Consulting.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Ruskin Consulting and its officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Services.
“Ruskin Consulting” is a trademark and trade name of Ruskin Consulting LLC. All page headers, logos, graphics and icons are protected to the extent allowed under applicable laws. All other designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy, imitate or use any of Ruskin Consulting’s intellectual property without its prior written consent.
You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations that you have under this Agreement without Ruskin Consulting’s prior written consent. Ruskin Consulting reserves the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time.
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Except as otherwise agreed by the parties, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Ruskin Consulting must be resolved by arbitration in the State of California.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In our sole discretion, we may assign this Agreement. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such sections. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
Ruskin Consulting may provide notice to you by emailing it to the address listed in your account. Notice shall be considered to be received by you within 24 hours of the time it is emailed to you unless we receive notice that the email was not delivered. Except as otherwise stated, notice to Ruskin Consulting must be sent by postal mail at: Ruskin Consulting, LLC, 5106 Shelter Bay Ave Mill Valley, CA 94941.
Changes to the Agreement
We may change this Agreement from time to time, and when we do we will post the amended terms on the Ruskin Consulting site.